Below is the list of our current active exchange partners. They can work with you to arrange clinical rotations, internships or research opportunities. To start, explore the partners’ websites. Once you find a university that interest you, make an appointment with CVM International Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org) to plan out your next steps.
ISU CVM exchange partners:
- Ecole Nationale Veterinaire De Toulouse, France (English)
- Recommended rotations: ruminant production animal; wildlife; exotic; small animal clinics
- Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway (English)
- Recommended rotations: ruminants/production animal; equine clinics; pathology; aquatic starting 2023
- National Taiwan University, Taiwan (English)
- Recommended rotations: small animal; exotic clinics
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (English)
Students have pursued independent clinical rotations and internships in the past. Historic records of where students went for preceptorships are available upon request (email@example.com). Additional opportunities can be found on the AVMA externship locator, select international locations.
The ISU International Health and Safety Insurance provide international travelers basic and emergency medical insurance, security evacuation services, emergency travel assistance, and destination-specific safety and security information. This plan is not available for personal international travel.
Obtain Insurance for International Travel
- All students participating in clinical rotations/internships abroad must register their experience with the university to be covered by the International Health Insurance.
- Register for for-credit experience.
- Register for non-for-credit experience.
- After submitting a complete registration, insurance information will be emailed to you roughly a month prior to your travel.
- For expedited processing for a visa application or trip departing within a week, please call the international risk manager at 515-294-6916.
Proof of Health Insurance Letter
If you require proof of coverage for visa applications or other consular requirements, you may submit a Proof of Insurance Request Form. More information on visa requirements for U.S. citizens traveling abroad.
The ISU Student Professional Liability Insurance provide professional liability coverage to students participating in domestic or international preceptorships. The policy is for veterinary students who plan to work in a clinical setting. When accepted for coverage, this policy will protect students against professional liability claims and may facilitate employers’ willingness to provide internships or cooperative education programs. The policy has a $250 deductible, which each individual obtaining the coverage will be responsible to pay in the event of a claim. This is intended to offer coverage for students who do not currently have professional licenses.
Obtain Liability Insurance
Apply online for Professional Liability Insurance for Vet Med Internships/Preceptorships
Proof of Liability Insurance:If you need a certificate of liability insurance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.